Have your brownies and eat 'em TOO... For so long, the urge to bake brownies has been playing on my mind, but the calories in them left me hanging. Today, I decided NO MORE!!!!!. I wanted my brownies and I NEEDED them healthy... So I embarked on my spinach brownies, funny no TASTE of spinach in them!!!
*If you live in a country where spinach is not common or available, substitute for whichever green leafy vegetables are available to you. (Please always remember to pre-heat the oven before proceeding).
*3 tbsp cocoa powder (was mistakenly left out of picture)
1. Pour all dry ingredients into a bowl (with exception of the cocoa powder) then add in the vanilla extract.
2. Then the melted chocolate
3. In a food processor blend together the spinach, milk and olive oil, then pour into the dry ingredients (blend till very smooth)
4. Now add in the cocoa powder
5. Stir thoroughly to combine
6. Pour into a greased or lined baking tray, then bake for 25-30mins at 180° fan oven. (Once baked the brownies should bounce back when felt).
7. Once completely baked, remove from oven, and allow it to cool down... Cannot say the same for mine, my kids digged in immediately
Have it Squared or rounded, the taste is so super fabulous